Planning a Trip on one of Alberta’s best bus transportation companies? Checking out schedules and destinations is part of important planning, but so is planning to make your trip healthy and comfortable. We’ve put together some easy tips to help you have the best travel experience possible.
Top 10 Tips for a Comfortable and Healthy Bus Trip
1. Stay hydrated. While your trip may not be 12hours long, it’s surprising how fast you can become dehydrated. A bottle of water is always a smart choice.
2. Eat healthy the day you are traveling. If you’re going to have a meal before you get on board your coach, consider having something nutrition packed and fresh. Avoid deep salty, sugary, fried heavy foods. You’ll feel better during your trip.
3. Taking food with you? Choose wisely. Bring along a veggie packed sandwich, a few pieces of fresh fruit, or some cheese and wholegrain crackers. If you’re traveling with children, avoid sugary foods and sodas. This might make them restless.
4. Sleep well. If you have a long trip ahead of you, try to get plenty of sleep the night before.
5. Dress comfortably. You may be sitting for several hours, so make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes and loose comfortable clothing. Not only will this be good for your circulation, it’s good for your overall comfort as well.
6. Arrive on time! You should always arrive at the ticket office at least 15 minutes early. This way you can check in and de-stress before boarding. Why arrive late and start your trip off with worry? Leave yourself plenty of time to get from where ever you are to the ticket office.
7. Avoid too much caffeine. You might want the energy from a coffee or two, but you don’t want to be left wired and awake when you could be relaxing.
8. Wash your hands. In cold and flu season washing your hands is always important. Consider taking some hand sanitizer with you on your trip. Got a cold? It’s even more important!
9. If you are hungry when you arrive at your destination try to eat light. While your tummy may be rumbling, taking it easy and making a lighter, healthier choice for your meal will help you stay feeling good.
10. Go nuts! A handful of raw almonds is high in complex carbohydrates and studies have shown that eating just 1.5oz of almonds a day may help reduce the risk of heart disease.